Civil Rights (Voting)

Restoration of Civil Rights

If you are an ex-felon and current Florida resident, you have probably lost your civil rights if:

  • You have a felony conviction in the state of Florida and have not had your civil rights restored by the Governor and the Board of Executive Clemency.
  • You were convicted of a felony in another state while you were a Florida resident.
  • You were convicted of a felony in another state and did not have your rights restored in that state before moving to Florida.

Applying for your civil rights to be restored is a positive step that will not only allow you to vote but to achieve other goals. For more information please review Applying for Restoration of Civil Rights in Florida. 

To verify that your civil rights have been restored you can search the Florida Parole Commissions database or call 1-800-435-8286.

Find here the forms needed to apply for Civil Rights - Clemency Instructions - Clemency Application - Waiver Instructions - Civil Rights Worksheet

If we can be of assistance please contact the Supervisor of Elections office at 3115-B Crawfordville Highway or call 850-926-7575.